We hope you are having a great summer!
Come back to this website as we approach September for updates and more information. Team assignments and schedules will be available through the parent portal by the end of August.
First Day of School Schedule - Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Click HERE for the schedule. The first day of school will be a half day:
- 6th grade: 8:30am - 11:30am
- 7th & 8th Grades: 12:30pm - 3:00pm
Supply Lists and Welcome Letters
- Grade 6 Supply List
- Grade 7 Supply List and ALL Teams Welcome Letter
- Grade 8 Supply List and ALL Teams Welcome Letter
- Integrated Arts Team Letter - ALL Grades
Grade 6 Team Letters
Team assignments and schedules will be available through the parent portal before the Grade 6 Meet and Greet on August 29. See below for more information on the Meet and Greet.
- Field Trip Forms - Please read carefully. A doctor's signature may be required if applicable. Please have your child return this form to their HOMEROOM teacher by Friday, September 8. Do not bring to the nurse or the main office.
- P.E. Guidelines Form - Please have your child return this to their P.E. teacher on the first full day of school. Do not bring to the main office.
- Bicycle Permission form - to be returned to the homeroom teacher or main office ONLY IF your child will be riding a bicycle to school.
Family Life Letter and Syllabus - click HERE
6th Grade Meet &Greet
When? Tuesday, August 29, 10:00am - 12:00pm
Where? Middle School Gymnasium
The 6th grade Meet and Greet is an opportunity for students to meet their classmates. Groups will tour the building and participate in team building activites. They will be guided by our 8th Grade peer helpers called RAPPers (Reaching All Peer to Peer).
Students should arrive at the Middle School (10 Sunset Lane) and use the entrance near to the Gym, closest to the track by 10:00 AM. Pick-up is at 12:00 pm. Please note, there are no crossing guards on duty that day.
Students allowed to go home on their own should bring written permission or an email can be sent by the parent/guardian to the Principal's secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students need to bring a copy of their schedules which will be available on the portal earlier that week.
Here are the handouts for the March 1 Parent Meeting for incoming 6th graders.
Music Department FAQs
Communication Overview for Parents
How to Contact Us and Important Information
Student Technology Overview
New to District Student & Parent Orientation
When? Tuesday, August 29, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Where? Middle School Cafeteria
This tour is designed for all Middle School students and parents (grades 6, 7 and 8) who are new to town. If you have just moved to Tenafly and are joining the Middle School from another district, this is the tour for you! Come to meet your counselors, the Vice Principal, Mrs. George and the Principal, Mr. Fabbo. You will be guided by our 8th Grade peer helpers called RAPPers (Reaching All Peer to Peer). Lots of Fun!
Questions? Contact Mrs. Violick at email@example.com
Please complete and return together with a check in the amount of $175.00 payable to Tenafly Middle School. In order for us to best plan for the needs of your child, please return forms and payment to your child’s 5th grade teacher, as early as possible before the end of this school year.
After June 7th please return forms and payment in a single envelope to:
Tenafly Middle School, attention REACH OUT
10 Sunset Lane, Tenafly, NJ 07670
Trip dates: Monday, September 18th and Tuesday, September 19th.
For additional information or questions, please contact the trip coordinators, Mr. Ciliento and Mrs. Lanni, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Click HERE to see the Program of Studies for 2017-2018
- Students need to have their parents’ permission to use the services of Remind101. When a student signs up, parents will be notified by email through the Remind website.
- Parents are also welcomed to join the middle school’s account. Click HERE for Information and instructions for joining. .